1. Saying, “Hello welcome to _____” is not an invitation to come over and talk to me about how your day was.
- It is store policy to greet everyone that walks through the doors, but to those who come over and want to talk to me, like i actually am interested in your life, i am sorry, no, i am simply trying to not get in trouble with my manager by being friendly and greeting you.
2. oh, you have a return? it’s all the same line, sorry.
- no we do not have separate lines for returns and purchases, if you think about it, it is too complicated when you have two cashiers with 4 customer purchasing items and 2 customers trying to return, it’s just easier if you all get in one line and are equally given a chance to do what you need.
3. When you approach my register, do not throw your items at me.
-it won’t make me check you out any faster, i will actually going 10x slower so that you have to wait because that disgusted look on your face when i take my time is how i feel about you when you throw your shit at me.
4. Do not toss your cash at me.
- i will stand their and stare at you until you pick it up and give it to me like a civil human being, and if that doesn’t work i will gladly repeat your total until said amount if put in my hand.
5. Please make sure you have figured out what you are buying, BEFORE you get the register.
- Do not stand at my register and say, “oh wait, i need to figure out what i am actually buying” and then sort through your buggy full of stuff for 30 minutes, this causes me to have to call my other cashiers up to the front because of you, which delays them from cleaning the store, which delays the entire night crew from leaving at a decent time.
6. I have no problem giving you a discount on a defected item, (stain, chipped off, rip/tear ect) but do not joke about going through all your items and looking for something wrong so you can get a discount on everything.
- Once customers realize you are willing to give you a discount on an item that has something wrong with it, they will take full advantage of that, and if you do i will start laughing and simply say, “No, i can’t give you a discount on everything, sorry” It’s ridiculous and stupid, especially when you are shopping at a discount store.
7. If you credit card/debit card is denied, do not blame me.
- I give you your total, you swipe your card, if it comes up on my screen denied, do not start screaming at me saying i did something. With debit, most likely you did not put in your PIN correctly, ( this is seriously what happens most of the time), with credit, you’ve probably charged too much shit and you are at your max. That is not my fault. I do not honestly care.
8. Returning an item after 30 days.
- Most polices say you have 30 days to return an item and get your money back with a receipt, if you come to me after 31 days of purchasing an item, do not scream or bitch at me when i say i have to give you store credit, because aye the back of the receipt clearly states that and also, no, making me call my manager will not help you, they will explain the same exact thing to you.
9. I am on break, which i am not paid for, so legally i cannot help you.
- my lunch is a duration of 30 minutes, which i can do whatever i want, especially eat something so i do not starve to death while at work. if you stop me and ask me a question i will gladly answer it, but if you ask me to show you exactly where something is i will have to decline you, i will point you in the direction of said item, but do not fuss at me when i cannot escort you to the location. You wouldn’t appreciate if you were unable to eat when you are hungry because someone is bothering you, and i really do not enjoy it either.
10. Children. Your children.
- One thing all retail associates hate, your fucking ungodly children who run around the store and destroy everything. They take all the toys (that they can reach) off the shelves and take them out of their packaging and/or leave them on the ground. They run through racks of clothing, knocking everything off and you do not even fucking care. They break things and even though we confront you, you still ignore it. Stop, we honestly hate you and your children.
11. Dropping clothes/items on the floor.
- Most people do not find it their concern when they drop something on the floor, honestly, they do not care. It only effects us associates, customers do not thing about how long we have to stay and clean up the mess they make they only think about what they are buying or getting and apparently a lot of customer have told me that their purchase makes up for the mess they made. No, it does not, i want to go home and you’re a fucking asshole.
12. Every night we make an announcement such as, ” we will be closing in ____ minutes, please bring your items up to registers to be checked out” blah blah. we also make a closing announcement ” we are now closed, please bring your items up from blah blah blah” this does not mean please bring your items up 20 minutes after we close.
- We have set closing time, which means you honestly need to get out before then because we want to get home and we can’t if you are still in the fucking store after closing. We will harass you to leave in a nice and professional manner but seriously we hate you.
#retail #associate #truth #customers #workflow #job #confessions #hate #latenight #cleaning #work #reatilflow #rules #assholes #yea